Weekend Nightlife Includes The Nerds at Jenks
Have we really hit one of the last weekends in July? Seems entirely too soon to say summer is halfway over, but just because it may be doesn't mean the fun has to be! All the best bar specials are below, so soak up that salty air with a cold one!
Wharfside Patio Bar, Channel Drive, Point Pleasant Beach-Tucked behind the Wharfside Restaurant sits the charming Patio Bar that has been a haven for locals for years. The outdoor patio offers a casual dining menu, a raw bar and cocktails all overlooking the Manasquan River and Inlet Islands.
- Friday: C.O.A.L.G. from 2 to 5p.m. then local boys Undisputed from 6 to 10p.m.
- Saturday: Paul Cilinski from 1 to 5p.m. then Phil Engel Band from 6 to 10p.m.
- Sunday: Not 4 Nothin band from 1 to 5p.m. then Waterfront Duo from 6 to 10p.m.
The Office, 820 Main Street, Toms River-For over 35 years The Office has been an institution in Toms River. Its large and sprawling space provides a ultra casual atmosphere. They’ve got outdoor dining, a sushi bar, and one of the best happy hours in the region.
- Friday: “Fantastic Fridays” with $2.50 any pint from open until close.
- Saturday: “Big Suds Saturday” with $3.00 25oz Miller Lite draft mugs from open until close.
- Sunday: “Coors Light Sunday” with $.50 cents off all drinks not already discounted, $3.00 house Bloody Marys, $4.00 22oz Coors Lite “you keep the mug.”
Jenk’s Club, 300 Ocean Ave, Point Pleasant Beach-The premiere nightclub at the Jersey Shore, Jenk’s has top notch live entertainment, can’t-beat drink specials, and high energy dance parties.
- Friday: Dark City Saints covering all your favorite party hits at 10p.m. then DJ Prime late night. $2.50 Coors Light until midnight.
- Saturday: No Standards at 2p.m.; The Nerds at 10p.m.
- Sunday: Flying Mueller Brothers at 2p.m. Go-Go Gadget and DJ Unique at night with $3.00 Corona and Corona Lights all night.
JR’s Ocean Grill, 601 Boardwalk, Seaside Heights- Being known as having the best food on the “boards,” JR’s is nothing fancy, but it gets the job done!
- Friday: “Holla For A Dolla” Fridays with $1.00 Bud Light drafts, $3.00 16oz Bud & Bud Light aluminum bottles, Moonjoos Jell-O shots and select drinks. Music by DJ Encore, Steele, JX & Friends.
- Saturdays: “Rock N’ Roll” Saturdays with $2.50 Bud & Bud Light pints, $3.00 16oz Bud & Bud Light aluminum bottles. Acoustic music in the afternoon with cover bands at night.
- Sundays: “Lite and Lazy” Sundays with $2.50 drafts of Landshark, Shock Top, and Beach Haus. $3.00 16oz Bud, Bud Light, and Michelob Ultra aluminum bottles.
High Velocity, Rt 166, Beachwood-This sports bar and grill was recent host to the WRAT 95.9’s RATFEST opening act band search competition and serves at a staple venue for local and regional acts. An all-around kind of place, they’re got great food and drink specials, karaoke, poker leagues, billards, darts, and all the big games.
- Friday: $2.50 Yuenglings, $3.00 Coronas, $4.00 Bacardi drinks, $5.00 all you can eat buffet and shot wheel.
- Saturday: $2.00 12oz Blue Moon, Landshark, and shot wheel specials.
- Sundays: “Nascar Sundays” with $2.00 Coors Light drats, karaoke, and live music with Mr. Johnny Karma.