- Point Boro paid $2.97 million in September for 860 Arnold Avenue, where developer Michael Granite once planned to build 24 townhouses. The property, near the turn into Point Pleasant Beach on Arnold Avenue, sat vacant for years with a builders’ trailer, where according to the borough the real estate market struggled.
- The property, formerly Blocks 113-1 and 113-9 were consolidated to form the new property – Block 113-1.01, located at 860 Arnold Avenue.
- The new facility would be in addition to the existing recreation center on River Avenue. However, the new site is on a 2.75-acre parcel, nearly 2.5 times the size of the other site.
- Point Boro intended to break ground on the property sometime in the spring, at which time the borough will also go out to bid on the construction.
- Point Boro could have the site completed and up and running by the end of 2014.
- Point Boro has been sending out surveys and gathering feedback.
- The current recreation facility is located on River Avenue in the borough and was built in 1955.