The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Flash Flood Watch for Middlesex and Monmouth counties.
- Through late tonight.
- Variable rainfall overnight between one half and and 2.5 inches
- Very fast response is expected to the upcoming Heavy showers and scattered thunderstorms.
- The Flash flood threat is between 3 pm and midnight.
- Residual runoff may force any flooding to linger well past midnight.
- New storm total rainfall this afternoon and evening may reach 2.5 inches. In many areas, it will take only an inch of rain 45 minutes to an hour to produce flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash Flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.