As we look ahead to November’s elections, Point Pleasant Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the municipal, county and federal candidates we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates
- Point Pleasant Beach Council: Republicans Andy Cortes and Councilman Stephen Reid will run against and independent Tom Davis.
- Point Pleasant Boro Council: Republicans Antoinette "Toni" DePaola and William T. Borowsky will run against Democrats Salvatore Martino and James McClure.
- Ocean County Freeholders: Freeholders John C. Bartlett, Jr. and Gerry P. Little (both R), are running for re-election against Democrats George Cevasco and Bonnie Verga, as well as independents Scott Neuman of Toms River and Tracy Caprioni of Brick.
- Ocean County Sheriff: Longtime incumbent William Polhemus (R) faces Democrat Bob Armstrong and independent candidate John McMenamin.
- 4th Congressional District: U.S. Rep. Chris Smith (R) will run for re-election against Democrat Brian Froelich.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.