Now that school is out and summer is finally here, it’s time to head outside and get to the beach! Here are a couple tips to keep in mind while shopping for and using sunscreen:
- Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before sun exposure – this will help the sunscreen to soak in before you start to sweat.
- Apply the sunscreen to all exposed skin – arms and legs are the common areas, but don’t forget your face, neck and back!
- Reapply sunscreen after swimming and water exposure, unless the brand is water resistant. Otherwise reapply every 90 minutes.
- The higher the SPF level, the more protection – BUT, regardless of the SPF level apply the same amount of sunscreen, to the same areas.
- Use sunscreen that protects against UV-A and UV-B rays – using a sunscreen with protection against both types of rays will help reduce the risk for sunburns and skin cancer.
For more information please visit this site.